The Notebook Cover is made using Ettinger’s waxy cowhide in reddish brown tones, featuring two slip pockets to hold an A5 notebook. The illustrations feature Rory Dobner’s drawings of his idiosyncratic character Nigel the Owl, who striding out, bedecked with a bowler hat and an umbrella firmly under the arm, is a fitting nod to Robert Ettinger’s father and the company founder, Gerry Ettinger, and the accessories he always carried and wore.
On the inside of the notebook leather cover, illustrated pocket watches hang from fob chains with the watch hands poignantly set at 8 and 5 o’clock to acknowledge the company’s 85th anniversary. To celebrate the anniversary only 85 notebook covers have been created. Each notebook is marked with its unique number on the inside back leather cover (for example 1-85), making every piece completely individual and special.
The notebook inside was produced using Colorplan Racing Green (Buckram Emboss) 350gsm for the cover and Conqueror Wove High White 160gsm for the inserts. The books feature a short introduction of the collaboration along with a timeline marking the important milestones in Ettinger’s 85-year history. 15% of the proceeds will go to the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust (QEST).
The Ettinger X Rory Dobner Notebook is available to purchase now via the Ettinger website
- Ettinger X Rory Dobner Notebook Collaboration
- Hartley Botanic Die Stamped Business Cards
- Hayley & Charlotte – Barnard & Westood Bookbinding Apprenticeships
- Barnard & Westwood Internship – Lydia Blagden
- Beyond Bespoke – Aynhoe Park 2015: Luxury & Beyond
- Barnard & Westwood Internship – Lottie Small
- Having a scrum for PrintIT!
- Employee Ownership
- Barnard & Westwood catch up with their latest apprentice bookbinders – Hayley Andrew & Charlotte Wainwright
- Royal visit to see the best of British printing at Barnard & Westwood
- ‘The Scent Of Style’ – Thursday 30th January