On Thursday 17th September, Barnard & Westwood travelled up to Aynhoe Park in Oxfordshire to exhibit at the Beyond Bespoke – Aynhoe Park 2015: Luxury & Beyond event. The evening brought together a wide range of incredible British brands hand-picked from the Beyond Bespoke Little Black Book of luxury. From bespoke handbags and jewellery to English sparkling wine and design-your-own shoes, the evening had something for everyone.
The venue itself was certainly an eye-opener. Never before have we been required to set up our stand in-between a taxidermy rocking-zebra and a floating Giraffe suspended from helium balloons.
Every time you looked around there would be something new and wonderful on the walls and ceiling to capture your attention. The whole building is a fascinating clash of exquisite collections of design, taxidermy, sculpture, art, history, popular culture and everything in-between.
In order to add a theatrical element to our display we decided to take along our hot foil blocking press to the event. Throughout the evening we were offering free personalised Barnard & Westwood notebooks to all guests. A regular feature of our own in-house events, they went down an absolute storm and very soon our stand was surrounded by guests eager to pick out their favourite colour!
All in all it was a hugely successful evening and we met some great new brands and individuals. We can’t wait to collaborate with Beyond Bespoke again and fingers crossed we’ll be back up at Aynhoe Park for another event soon!
In addition to ourselves, the other BB members in attendance were:
- Ettinger X Rory Dobner Notebook Collaboration
- Hartley Botanic Die Stamped Business Cards
- Hayley & Charlotte – Barnard & Westood Bookbinding Apprenticeships
- Barnard & Westwood Internship – Lydia Blagden
- Beyond Bespoke – Aynhoe Park 2015: Luxury & Beyond
- Barnard & Westwood Internship – Lottie Small
- Having a scrum for PrintIT!
- Employee Ownership
- Barnard & Westwood catch up with their latest apprentice bookbinders – Hayley Andrew & Charlotte Wainwright
- ‘The Scent Of Style’ – Thursday 30th January