Barnard & Westwood, along with 19 other UK printers have come together, with the help of a group of industry sponsors, to take part in a Printers’ Rugby World Cup.
Organised by Print Solutions magazine, the event will help to promote and support industry charity PrintIT!, the UK’s largest schools into industry programme.
To open the contest, a series of team draws is taking place on social media, where all of the printers’ names were put into a ‘cup’ and drawn at random against a country team.
The printers are then encouraged to support their given ‘team’ through a series of initiatives including designing and naming a mascot, team events, a team ‘colour’ day, competitions, a team cheer, or any other ideas that they come up with. There will also be a little light banter with fellow print companies.
The winners will receive sporting related prizes, provided by the generous sponsors, which they can then use within their own businesses to raise more money for their favourite charities.
Driven across social media, and in Print Solutions, this event will help to raise awareness for PrintIT!.
Launched in 2005, PrintIT! is an industry wide educational initiative which aims to encourage young people to consider a career in print.
As part of the curriculum based PrintIT! course, students are challenged to create a print based campaign.
Aiming to promote the many varied career paths available within the print industry, the PrintIT! competition was extended in 2008 to include Year 9 students (aged 13 to 14) as well as Year 10 students (aged 14 to 15) studying for their GCSEs in Product Design and Graphic Products.
PrintIT! is also relevant to the Diplomas in Creative and Media and Manufacturing and Product Design.
PrintIT! is led by Proskills UK, the standards setting body representing the print and paper industries. Proskills is a registered charity (no: 1155635).
- Ettinger X Rory Dobner Notebook Collaboration
- Hartley Botanic Die Stamped Business Cards
- Hayley & Charlotte – Barnard & Westood Bookbinding Apprenticeships
- Barnard & Westwood Internship – Lydia Blagden
- Beyond Bespoke – Aynhoe Park 2015: Luxury & Beyond
- Barnard & Westwood Internship – Lottie Small
- Having a scrum for PrintIT!
- Employee Ownership
- Barnard & Westwood catch up with their latest apprentice bookbinders – Hayley Andrew & Charlotte Wainwright
- Royal visit to see the best of British printing at Barnard & Westwood
- ‘The Scent Of Style’ – Thursday 30th January