Last Thursday saw the Barnard & Westwood workshop opened up once more to host an exclusive in-house event ‘The Scent Of Style’. However, this time around we had the great honour of co-hosting the evening with our friends at Penhaligon’s, the fine perfumers and fellow Royal Warrant holders.
The purpose of the event was to give guests the opportunity to take part in a guided tour of the Barnard & Westwood factory in order to learn more about the different processes and techniques on offer. This included an insight into the specific workings of certain printing methods such as letterpress, foiling, die stamping and litho, along with an introduction to the ancient art of traditional bookbinding. The tours then culminated in a chance for guests to personalise their very own Barnard & Westwood notebook using one of our hand foiling presses.
Immediately after this initial introduction to fine printing and bookbinding, guests were free to peruse our extensive back catalogue of beautiful work from many of our highly prestigious clients including Holland & Holland, Moët Hennessy, DAKS, Vivienne Westwood, BAFTA, Design Museum and of course The Royal Households.
Alongside our tours, the wonderful Richard and Sue from Penhaligon’s set up shop in the office, offering guests a plethora of goodies including scented oil hand massages, a personalised perfume profiling and a host of treats to take away with them! This (unsurprisingly!) proved to be hugely popular and relaxing after a hard days work and the queue stretched right around the corner! Fortunately, most people were able to take full advantage of Richard’s incredible knowledge of the world of perfume and left smelling truly heavenly of their new custom fitted scent with a huge smile on their faces and a spring in their step!
We’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone that came along to make the evening truly spectacular and a special mention to Richard and Sue, without whom we wouldn’t have been able to do it!
It’s going to be a tough act to follow but after such a fun night we’re already looking forward to another similar event soon!
- Ettinger X Rory Dobner Notebook Collaboration
- Hartley Botanic Die Stamped Business Cards
- Hayley & Charlotte – Barnard & Westood Bookbinding Apprenticeships
- Barnard & Westwood Internship – Lydia Blagden
- Beyond Bespoke – Aynhoe Park 2015: Luxury & Beyond
- Barnard & Westwood Internship – Lottie Small
- Having a scrum for PrintIT!
- Employee Ownership
- Barnard & Westwood catch up with their latest apprentice bookbinders – Hayley Andrew & Charlotte Wainwright
- Royal visit to see the best of British printing at Barnard & Westwood
- ‘The Scent Of Style’ – Thursday 30th January